Children’s Physiotherapy at Leeds Bradford Neurophysiotherapy provides specialist assessment, treatment and advice for children and young people with acute or long-term neurological, developmental or neuromuscular conditions.
Individualised goal orientated therapy programmes are devised in partnership with parents/guardians to ensure that every opportunity is taken to improve the quality of the child’s life. Evidence-based treatment plans are provided to suit the child and the family.
Our experienced Children’s Physiotherapist Heather Angilley is a leader in the field of Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD/dyspraxia), its diagnosis, treatment and advice.
Heather’s other areas of expertise include:
- Assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with developmental
delay, and Cerebral Palsy
- Acquired brain injury – treatment of current symptoms and management of long-term needs
- Referral to and collaboration with orthotists for splinting and specialist
- Advice and contacts for specialised sports opportunities for children with
- Advice and guidance for 24-hour postural management including specialist
seating assessment, sleep systems and mobility aids.
Assessment and treatment focuses on postural management, movement control and promoting functional independence and participation in daily activities to improve quality of life. Treatment can be carried out where the child is most comfortable which could be at the practice, at home, school or at a day centre.