Information for Case Managers, Solicitors and Professionals
We are able to discuss your client’s particular needs with you on the phone, or in person at the clinic if you prefer. You can be confident you have handed over all important information to us. We can organise an Initial Physiotherapy Assessment within a very short period of time (most often within one week 2-8 days) and feedback the key findings to you as requested. We can provide individualised and targeted physiotherapy programmes to work towards your client’s goals alongside a comprehensive Home Exercise Programme that will ensure they are getting the most out of their rehabilitation.
The therapists at Leeds Bradford Neurophysiotherapy work closely with, and take referrals from solicitors, case managers, consultants, GPs and other agencies. Our collaborative approach to working with Multi-Disciplinary Teams, legal colleagues, the NHS, and other agencies allows us to provide a co-ordinated and effective service.
We provide specialist outpatient neurological physiotherapy for adults and children,
offering rehabilitation for:
- Acquired Brain Injury/ head injury (adults and children)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- And many other conditions
Our therapists have extensive experience working with complex cases, including neurological injury, multi trauma rehabilitation, elderly care, cognitive and/or behavioural difficulties. The specialist services we provide include:
- Specialist assessments
- A comprehensive assessment and detailed report including recommendations on intensity of treatment, home programs, the training needs of care staff and postural management regimes.
- In depth assessments for spasticity management and recommendations for treatment.
- Specialist treatment
- Appointments in people’s homes, residential or nursing homes, schools, nurseries as well as in the clinic.
- Hydrotherapy services, which include; assessment, setting up and reviewing pool programmes, training care staff, exercises plans, handling in the pool, support and training regarding entering and exiting the pool.
- Skilled associate physiotherapy input where treatment with two therapists is required, for some or all of the sessions in a course of treatment. Also where a course of treatment does not require specialist input for all the sessions.
- Our specialist physiotherapists work closely with other health professionals and service providers to provide a multi-disciplinary service and integrated approach to rehabilitation. Including, Speech and Language Therapists,
- Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Orthotists.
- Our specialist physiotherapists regularly attend multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings.
- We have extensive experience working with, and training care providers to establish 24-hour management plans for long term care and rehab needs of the people they support. Including, advice on positioning aids and standing equipment. A number of our specialist physiotherapists have Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTTLS) training certificates. We are committed to developing the skills of support staff and fellow professional to optimise ongoing management, rehabilitation and care.
We have in-house services from a physiotherapist specialist in vestibular rehabilitation, Anna Bennett. And a Specialist MSK physiotherapist Dr Philomena Commons. As well as treating their own patients there is a strong ethos of joint treatment and consultation within the practice.
Client’s progress is regularly reviewed, and treatment plans/goals will be adapted and progressed accordingly to make sure we are continuing to provide a tailor made, individualised program that is continually evolving with the client’s presentation. Reports prepared as required.
If you have an enquiry or simply require more details about our services please enter your details in the contact form provided and we will contact you as soon as we become available.
Alternatively you can call the practice on 0113 2508833 to discuss your enquiry and arrange a suitable time for an appointment.