Home visits allow the physiotherapist to carry out a more comprehensive assessment within your own environment; this helps them to develop a personally-tailored treatment plan to address the difficulties you may be experiencing with everyday activities. You might, for example, have problems with using the stairs or getting in and out of bed.
A home visit is also an excellent way for our physiotherapists to guide and support carers & relatives in effective therapeutic moving and handling techniques and 24 hour postural management.
We offer home visits throughout Leeds, Bradford and surrounding areas including Pudsey, Horsforth, Yeadon, Guiseley, Otley, Bramhope and further afield as required.
Leeds Neurophysiotherapy offers patients a variety of treatment options:
1. Free initial telephone consultation with a physiotherapist.
2. Treatment at our modern practice with your own specialist physiotherapist.
3. Home visits in the comfort of your own home.
4. In-house training for care teams and organisations.
5. The writing of medico-legal reports, regarding patients’ physiotherapy needs.
6. Postural advice, including seating and sleeping assessments.
7. Serial splinting/casting for contractures.
8. Liaison with other services, e.g. Wheelchair Services, Primary Care Trusts, GPs and other therapists (patient consent is required)
9. Personal exercise programme.
10. Hydrotherapy at Holt Park Leisure or Armley Leisure Centre.
11. Discharge advice and support on pursuing leisure programmes e.g. Pilates and Gym.
· Four treatment areas at the practice all of which have extra wide Bobath plinths.
· Hoist, for safety and comfort, we recommend that you bring your own hoist sling.
· Wheelchair accessible
· Free parking at the front of the practice
· Disabled toilet facilities.
· Free tea, coffee and cold refreshments.
To discuss fees for physiotherapy and/or other services such as report writing, please contact the practice directly for a quote as the fee for our services depends on:
· Where the treatment session is held, for example at the practice or at your home/care home/gym/hydro pool.
· Length of session
· Whether or not an assistant is required to work alongside the physiotherapist
· Pay as you go or invoicing
Private medical insurance
Leeds Neurophysiotherapy is registered with most major private insurance companies. Invoices may be sent directly to the insurer if required. Details of your policy number and authorisation code will be required in advance.
Please note that you are responsible for your treatment costs, so you will need to check your level of cover with your insurance company before your treatment starts.